Monday, March 19, 2012

A bag of Skittles, a can of tea and a phone.

This was all this young man had in his possession when he was killed by a neighborhood watch leader.

Click here to read more.
Click here to sign the petition.
I see the faces of all the young male students I’ve taught over the last 19 years. Such an unnecessary tragedy.
I debated about this post…but it was too important not to.


  1. That is such a tragic story!I can't imagine what that family and community are going through. So sad!
     Chrissy

    First Grade Found Me

  2. Signed the horrible!

  3. My husband was just telling me about this...just horrid and so unjust!
    First Grade Blue SKies

  4. As a scoiety, we've come a long way in the fight against racial injustice, but it's events like these that show how much further we have to go. I saw this on the news last night. Such injustice.

  5. God, that is just so sad. It makes me so angry.

    Grade ONEderful

  6. What a sad situation!! I am praying for the families involved.

  7. This is terrible. Thank you for sharing the article and raising awareness.

    Marvelous Multiagers!

  8. I signed the petition. How could I not? My heart bleeds for this family. God bless.

  9. I am glad you posted it, there are just some things that should be said and not worried about how others are going to respond!!!

  10. Thank- you for posting about it. When I first heard about the story I was just in shock. I still am. I really hope justice is served for Trayvon and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

    Color Me Kinder


Kind words are appreciated here.