Image Map

Monday, May 30, 2011

Word Wall Link Party

I’m joining the link party from M. M’s blog.

image

I have an entire wall of closets and my word wall fits perfectly across six doors. Every two years I’ll change the background color when I change my color scheme.

 

I didn’t have any close up pic of my word wall from this year…but these pictures are about two years old. The only thing that’s changed is my choice of background paper (blue).

I’ve hung all my pocket charts on the lower half of the doors…these are great for word work time.

IMG_0957IMG_0958IMG_1043IMG_1044IMG_1045IMG_1046

These two books have helped me a great deal. They help me keep my word wall activities from getting stagnant.

Making Word Walls Work: A Complete, Systematic Guide With Routines, Grade-Perfect Word Lists, and Reproducible Word Cards to Help All Children Master High-Frequency Words

 

Making Your Word Wall More Interactive: Grades 1-3

5 comments:

  1. Yolanda,
    Thanks for sharing. In addition to my regular word wall (high frequency words) from Reading Street I also have a "vowel board."
    It has the vowels across the top and every time I intro a new decoding lesson from Reading Street I add an "anchor word" with a picture. examples: cat, cake, car, ball, rain, hay, etc. It has been one of the most helpful things for my growing readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to have your word work stations/ centers right under the word wall. My students are always craning their necks to see the word wall from where I have mine. I will have to keep this in mind next year.

    Thanks for participating.

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of the vowel board! I think I'll try that in August. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the books that have helped you! I'll have to check them out.

    Magnificent Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have the first book you listed but I agree...the second book is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Kind words are appreciated here.